Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows


My daughter had been waiting for the release of this book for a very long time now. And July 21st was the P-Day, I mean D-Day. She had warned us about long queues outside book stores and how she wanted to go and stand in the queue and absorb all the Potter mania and be amongst the first to get hold of the book.

I am not sure if she slept at all last night. We set out early in the morning today to the book store at Sadashivanagar. Surprise of surprises, there was nobody there except us. And, the staff at the store were just removing the books from the boxes and putting them up on display. They had made arrangements to ensure smooth sale of books and the feeling of achievement I could see on my daughter's face, to be amongst the first to get her copy of the book is too difficult to explain. And she was touched by the dedication in the book which said, Dedicated to 7 people, the last one was you..."if you have stuck with Harry until the very end". She said so sweet, thank you Rowling.

Leaving her and all the Potter fans with the Deathly Hallows... and waiting for the book to be released :-) (by my daughters) so that I too can read it.

1 comment:

Balaji S Rajan said...

Glad to know about this. Here the kids were waiting. My son is equally interested but did not bug me for the book. Let us see how it goes!