Monday, January 28, 2008

Bharat Ratna

The controversies regarding the highest civilian award is totally unnecessary making the award seem like a political gimmick.

Capt Sunil Kumar Chaudhry is an example of exemplary dedication with which one can serve the country and it is indeed touching to read bout the Captain giving up his life hours after he got the Sena Medal. He is one worthy person for Ashok Chakra and he is my Bharat Ratna. More power and glory to people like him who unflinchingly fight the destructive forces. I am sure our country is safe as long as such sons are born to Mother India.

2 comments:

Suchin Kerlapur said...

How about Bharata Ratna to MF Hussain, HKL Bhagat, Jyoti Bosu and the all deserving Karunanidhi? I put up my hand for Lalloo, if he is not around then to Robbery Devi. What goes my father?

Yeah Capt SK Choudhry would not figure in their minds. Talking about Vajpayee for that, ended up as a joke among the Media and Congress.

Rama said...

Well, though Bharat Ratna is a civilian award, I strongly felt that as he is a Bharat Ratna, he should get the Ashok Chakra.I dont have even an inkling of doubt that he would get the Chakra next year. I am not sure about military personnel liking a "Bharat Ratna" for themselves. They might consider an "Ashok Chakra" more worthy as he died a martyrs death.
But he surely is a Bharat Ratna.