Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Mayhem in Maharashtra


Very bad situation indeed. Maharashtra for Maharashtrians!!! Absurd!!! If this kind of attitude is there all over India, where is India in this whole thing? Good that Raj Thackeray was arrested for his provocative speech against North Indians. He has not got bail till this evening whereas Abu Azmi has managed to secure bail. The fall out of this- Maharashtra -Mumbai in particular is burning and there is a mass exodus of people away from there. But pray who is Raj Thackeray to make such speeches? Aren't Maharashtrians there elsewhere in the country? If such an attitude or outlook is adopted all over India, doomsday is not far away. Where will India be, what after all this talk about Unity in Diversity etc. There is an advertisement in today's Bangalore edition of the Times of India by Maharashtra Tourism inviting people to visit Maharashtra. I was astounded by the timing of the advertisement.

If everyone has to go and be in the State from which they hail or go to the State where their language is spoken, I do not know where I belong to. My ancestors from Tamil Nadu settled in Kerala, my father relocated to Karnataka from where I am (ahem...am I?), lived in Maharashtra for a while, got married to a person who has lived in Gujarat and Maharashtra. Well...where do I belong? Is being an Indian not enough in India? Do we divide ourselves still further?
Racism!!! Baah!!
Pic Courtesy -ibnlive

No comments: